Holy crap I have been watching The Ricky Gervais Show like no one’s business the last week. A friend discovered “An Idiot Abroad” last year and while I thought that was funny I haven’t gotten a chance to properly watch it. I now have HBO though and discovered this little gem exists. All I can say is Holy Shit Balls.
Some of my favorite lines so far:
- “Don’t be chucking that out. You might need that later” – Karl interprets the phrase “Waste not, want not”.
- “Even Cavemen had little pants on”
- “People who live in a glass house have to answer the door” – Karl invents his own phrase based on “Those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones”.
- “You don’t have to do it straight away, but just do it before it gets really bad” – Karl re-evaluates the phrase “A stitch in time saves nine”.
- “Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much can they be doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water.”
- On dopplegangers – “How would I know which one I was?”
As you can see I haven”t gotten that far but holy shit. “How would I know which one I was?” has defintely been my favorite.
When googling for the qoutes verbatim I ran across this nifty site. HA
Oh god I hope this never ends. I’m even following Ricky Gervais on twitter just for a laugh.